Electric Fireplaces are a great option if you want to stay warm and save money. These fireplaces offer the perfect combination of energy efficiency and warmth, and are generally cheaper than their wood burning counterparts. Aside from the cost savings you can expect to receive, electric fireplaces have many other advantages.
An absent fire means you won’t have to deal with cleanup or maintenance duties; these fireplaces can essentially be installed and left alone, although you will still want to perform annual inspections to make sure everything is functioning properly. Here are some of the top benefits of owning an electric fireplace. It is important to remember, however, that before choosing one you will want to determine your heating requirements. The main downside to going with electric over wood burning is that the former is recommended for individual rooms. If you are in need of a whole home heating solution, this may not be your ideal choice.
The Benefits of Electric Fireplaces
1. Energy-efficient; chimney heat loss is a non-issue with electric fireplaces. Although some people dispute the factor of energy-efficiency when it comes to electric fireplaces (i.e. the cost of electricity vs. the cost of using firewood), the fact of the matter is that a majority of the heat that is generated by traditional fireplaces is lost up the chimney. With an electric model, you get 100% heat output; thus, you won’t be wasting any heat.
2. Easy to maintain and clean; you don’t have to worry about ash and soot, as the fire is false. In addition, another benefit is the lack of maintenance that is required. Traditional fireplaces are a hassle in this respect, as you have to routinely clean up the leftover soot and debris (for safety and functional reasons). This is a time-consuming and messy process, one which electric fireplace owners need not be concerned with.
3. Effective and still aesthetically appealing; electric fireplaces have come a long way. Newer models have very realistic flames and can be decorated with a variety of accessories. Another thing to keep in mind is that newer models do look very realistic; while the flames are not genuine, they will work perfectly fine for most users.
4. No firewood and no fire starting required; with an electric fireplace, all you have to do is flip a switch. When you factor in the fact that you don’t need to chop, install or light wood every time you want a fire, the appeal of an electric fireplace becomes even better.
5. Portable and easy to install; you can essentially place them anywhere, which is a big plus if you want to rearrange or move the fireplace to a different room altogether. Lastly, these fireplaces are highly versatile. They simply plug into an outlet and are ready to go; with traditional wood burning stoves and gas models, you are limited to a fixed place.
Electric fireplaces are a cost effective solution to setting up a fireplace in your own home. You can easily move your electric fireplace any where in your house what has access to an electrical outlet. We have a huge variety of standard electric fireplaces, corner fireplaces, wall mounted and mantle mounted electric fireplaces perfect for any size home or room.
Electric fireplaces provide excellent heat have the classic flame look without the risk and danger of fire, perfect if you have kids or curious pets to keep safe.