[singlepic id=17 w=320 h=240 float=right]While caring for the environment at large is important, it is equally important to maintain a good and healthy environment in house as well. This mainly applies if you live in a colder climate zone and have the need of a fireplace almost every day.
It is true that fireplaces provide the much needed warmth and coziness, but at the same time can leave a lot of fumes and smoke that can be harmful if inhaled in an everyday basis. It is definitely not recommended if your household has children. At the same time the irony is that you cannot do without it. The answer to vent less and safe is gel fireplaces, the latest in the line of inventions when it comes to electric kinds. It effectively replaces wood, gas or for that matter propane-led ones. The gel is in fact isopropyl or ethanol alcohol that has been condensed into a gel and therefore to burn as fuel in the fireplaces.
The most important factor is that it is smokeless and does not emit fumes that can be harmful to one’s health. In addition, it is safe. It has been considered to be a safe fuel replacement for usage in the house or outside. It does not pop embers like log fueled kinds or emit carbon monoxide or nitrogen dioxide. It also does not cause any damage to the environment outside. Occupational Safety and Health Administration or OSHA and the Environmental Protection Agency or EPA have in their study considered and informed the users that gel fuel is safe and harmless, and can be used at any time and without any fear of being affected.
Lastly, gel fireplaces need not be cleaned like the log fireplaces. They last longer and provide warmth for a longer period. In all it is a winner all the way, in terms of safety and convenience.